View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #27
longislander

"The norm in the whole US is that owners of property that isn't their primary residence cannot vote. It is not unique to Moultonboro nor NH, it was something people knew when they bought their 2nd or third or... property, it is the way it works all over. Otherwise, people like Trump would have thousands of votes." (millions not thousands)

Agree about the cognition, of voter residency, requirements. However, that does not give license, to some that are registered voters, to "abuse" that reality.

I bought my MoBo property in the early 1970's; became a resident in 1996; retired in 2013. I've been paying taxes to MoBo all of that time, not to mention the other communities I lived in. Where is the entitlement, by law, or by persuasion?

I love the region, but have never felt I owed MoBo anything, more than legally required. We enjoy one of the lowest tax rates in the state, notwithstanding, the select few, that have the cash cow mentality.

I won't respond on the political aspect of the comment. The way I vote is my business. Any political commentary I would suggest the Moultonboro Speaks blog. I will advise, however, it will be one sided!