View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #64
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
I wonder if this idea would have any support.

Within 500 feet of other boats/land 45mph day speed limit and 25mph night

Over 500 feet away from other boats/land no speed limit during the day and 35mph at night?

I want everyone to be able to enjoy the lake. I respect all boaters on the lake.

I personally would never blast through the broads at 45mph anywhere near 150' away from a sail boat, guys fishing, etc because I dont feel it is sensible. However if I am over 500 feet away I dont see what harm I am causing going say 60mph vs 45mph.

--------
I want to apologize to everyone for getting so off topic debating nonsense, when I should have stayed focused on the real issue.

Mark
-------------

Great thought! I'm thinking this was the original intent of the thread. I myself am guilty of being led off topic. I'm thinking your idea has some merit.

The more your speed increases the more distance required "by law." I am really liking this idea. I think a keep it simple rule would apply and it would read something like this (150 feet under 45 MPH 300 feet over 45 MPH) or something to that effect. As for night time I think a blanket 35 MPH Speed Limit could be put in plac. 25 MPH at night is too slow IMO.

My real feelings lean towards no limits at all but I'd give in to a compromise like this.