View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #24
znh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
One day at 5-pm, I saw two boat-peoples drop anchor on an 18' boston whaler style boat, raise the motor, unload two kayaks into the water, and go kayaking for a couple hours along the shoreline for quite some distance around the bend. It left me scratching my head how the Marine Patrol would consider the anchored and unoccupied boat?
I called Marine Patrol to ask them about this last year since I wanted to take the boat with the kayak on it to fish other parts of the lake. They said it is fine but they would prefer you keep your boat within eyesight so if anyone is worried about it you could reassure them nothing was wrong.

As for anchoring at the sandbar and leaving the boat unattended...I would think it would depend on which sandbar! Braun Bay has little wind and boat waves / action so the boat is much less likely to move, where somewhere like West Alton tends to be windier and have much more action from all the passing boats, I would be less likely to leave my boat unattended at West Alton...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote