View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
You bring up really good points, however what ever happened to the young kid who could go from door to door asking if you needed your walk shoveled or yard raked.
Worthless lawyers are what happened. Everyone wants to sue one and other for in many instances their own stupidity. My coffee was to hot, damn right that’s what happens when you boil water for coffee, it gets hot. Dummy!
I think it is great to see young people taking the initiative rather then see illegal’s doing the job for next to nothing.
The problem is too many of our youth are afraid to actually work for a dollar; they want to make top dollar for what we used to work for $3.25 when it was minimum wage.

Now if they are using backpack blowers then chances are slim they will do damage, but if they are using a commercial wheeled blower with an 8HP engine then you can throw a pretty good size chunk of rock or wood with that baby. I know I own one and it’s a force to be reckoned with. Most backpack blowers have a hard time moving wet leaves never mind slinging a rock.
I say more power to them.
Trust me, the good blowers and trimmers can throw rocks quite far

And when that rock goes into a slider or window without a screen and also happens to be a low-E gas filled window its quite the pain and expense to replace. Ask me how I know? So much for the cheap yard clean up.

It's one thing to do your neighbors yards, etc. It's entirely different to operate as a legit business to paying non-neighbor customers.

And lord help you if the guy has a helper and and gets hurt on your property and is not paying workmans comp.

It's not lawyers causing the issue. It's the guy cutting corners and not paying for required insurances and then under cutting the legit guys.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote