Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #99
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Goer View Post
Co-exist... side by side. The problem with phase 3 is that there's not enough room for both trail and rail, like there was in phases 1 and 2. The trail can co-exist in phase 3 but in the areas where there's only room for one the trail has to make detours and construct sidewalks along streets to get around the "bottleneck areas" and there's at least 2 if not 3 sections - the causeway over Pickerel Cove, the Rte. 3 overpass (which is often referred to as the tunnel) and possibly the causeway over Chattle Cove. The trail supporters, don't want to do this for a number of reasons: money and construction cost are probably the biggest reason, others don't want the trail to venture away from the lake (more appealing to the eye vs sidewalks along streets going by buildings/houses) and last but not least, some just don't want to see the big noisy train anymore. Then you have the issue with Southdown where they don't want the trail to be built period and want the track and train to stay.
All great points. I would love for them to exist together. If you can get SD and LB to sit down and come up with an acceptable esthetically pleasing fence instead of an ugly chain link maybe it would work. I don’t and never will by the crime argument and if done correctly will increase the value of property is SD/LB. I am speaking as a 10+ year owner in both communities.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote