View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #46
sum-r breeze

Default Just another intrusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsnest View Post
I think if they dont like to see boats on the lake they should move !
If the state of New Hampshire continues to restrict our use of the lake (that is supposed to belong to everyone) then the tourists just won't come. When the tourists don't come, there won't be anyone to eat at the restaurants, fuel up their boats, shop at the grocery stores, and generally support the economy. It bears a striking resemblence to how the Govt enacts laws without pondering through all the unintended consequences. "You have to PASS the no rafting zone to find out what's IN the no rafting zone" Maybe we can get a reduction in our boat rgistration fees, seeing as we can't use all of the lake. A No Rafting Zone was also enacted in one of our favorite areas of Long Island, East Cove. We don't go there any more so the land owners won. The lake is a social environment in July and August and a cash cow for the cities and towns surrounding it. I think the state needs a more thorough process for for these kind of restrictions that serves more people than the few that show up to push their agenda. Invariably the hearing is ONLY when the land owners are around, typically January or some other Winter month when most of the boaters are away from the lake. The hand full of signatures threshold needs to be reconsidered for something as severe as No Rafting

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back