View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #35
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
As a kayaker, sailor and power boater I will say that paddles aren't just dull black. within my fleet we have a couple white, yellow, wooden, and one black that is pretty crappy that I hardly use cause it will probably snap. My sister also has no black ones, and just picked up a red one even. So paddles come in all kinds of colors.
But also thinking of how to paddle, the blade shouldn't be too high anyway, barely above head height when done correctly.
As for flags, there are flags that are easily put on the kayaks. I regulars see two people going across the Broads to what looks like Welch with flags, but I can't say I see it often.
I would like to believe that the kayaker has just as much right to be anywhere on the lake, just like a bicyclist has just as much right to be on the road. I know that is going to cause a stir, I hope it doesn't, just a way to look at "why can't we all just play nicely together"
I agree with most of what you said, however, bicyclists are NOT allowed on the highways for "personal safety" reasons, as well as horses and pedestrians. We all see the signs all the time as we enter a highway. Maybe there should be such a rule for kayakers, and swimmers. There are some places that horses, pedestrians, and bicycles just don't belong, as well as kayaks and swimmers.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote