View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #26
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I originally had a forward bimini on my previous Premier. I never liked it and rarely used it so I removed it from the boat.

I will say adding a forward bimini will require (at least to do it right) a zipper installed in the existing helm / bow bimini. If there is not enough material in the existing bimini to add zipper, you will either have to sew on added material or replace the existing bimini as well with one that has zipper.

My opinion is... if the boat is fairly new and you plan on keeping it for a while and if you plan on using the forward bimini while underway, don't mess around with aftermarket and get something from the manufacturer. While you may save going aftermarket, I feel the end result will not be the best.

If your not getting answers from the dealer where you bought it from, don't be afraid to call the manufacturer direct for info. While you can't buy direct, you can certainly find out what the manufacturer has available as an option for your boat. If your boat is sold with a "camper enclosure" option, they make a bow bimini for it. Sometimes doing your own leg work direct from the source is the only way to get the correct answers.

Good luck!

Dan
I think I recall trying to contact the manufacturer and there was no contact info on their website...they just referred you to a dealer. I’ll check again!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote