Thread: wind power
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #41
Audiofn

ChipJ: I get average about 32 miles per gallon. That is with a 4wd version, averaging 75 on the highways and say speed limit to 5 mph over on the back roads. This car seems to get it's best milage at about 35-40. On one trip from Portland to Naples, ME I got 41 miles per gallon when I really tried to eak out every last trick I knew. It is like driving a video game when you work at tryint to get every last mile per gallon. My old truck was a deisel and it got about 14 miles per gallon. So if you take the more then double the miles per gallon and add to that a almost dollar per gallon savings in the cost of fuel and the amount that I drive it all adds up quickly.

Boater: I guess for me my point is that this car is saving me huge. What it cost to build, does not really factor into my purchase, what it saves me does. Sure my wifes Saab gets the same milage per gallon but I can not put a 60" plasma in her car either. This truck is also 4wd so in the snow she will get stuck while I keep on steaming down the road. The Ford is the fastest payback of all the "green" cars from what I have read. Find me a 4wd car/truck that has all the options that I listed and gets even close to the miles per gallon that I have and priced at about 35K. I sure could not find one. When you compaire apples to apples they are a great deal. When I say apples to apples I mean a regular gas Ford Escape Vs. the Hybrid.