Thread: Ice In
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #80
Island Girl

Wink Official 2012 Ice-in Thread

In keeping with tradition and philosophy (well mine anyway...) I am declaring this thread the Official Ice-in Thread rather than start a new one. Traditionally I start this thread in late Decemeber when it looks like the water is getting cold enough to freeze. It has been warm and I have been attending to other matters so am too late to start a new thread as this one has so much good info and pictures!

I love it when ice-in pics and discussion are all in one thread for easy reading. (again, just my philosophy, not a demand! )

The Ice-In Pageisup at www.rattlesnakecam.com/icein.htm.

Here you can watch the lake freeze from many different cams. I think this is the 8th year the page has been live!

This year is a new cam.... one that has an incredible view, and is much welcome.

Please wander on over and see if you can find it! Thanks to our newest webcam operator!!!!

The lake temp reported by the dam operators is 35 degrees. The broads can freeze when this thermometer is at that reading or a little below. We don't really know what the lake temp is out there, this is just historically what has happened over the last several years.

Let it ice, let it ice, let it ice.......

IG

Sorry for being so late this year

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post: