View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #13
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post

Good Luck, I really hope they just let you install the thermostats and timers without giving you any grief over it. Somehow I feel like they will raise an issue with it and not allow you to do it. I hope not.
I am pretty sure their insurance company is not going to let anyone touch their docks. You might offer to have a licensed electrician install them instead. But then they will most likely need to have the members vote on it as well, as it is going to affect their investments in the property should they fail and damage occur, insurance or not. So far as they are concerned it is not broken so why fix it. If it gets 'Fixed" and something happens who's head will roll in the Board of Directors of the association. Knowing the politics of associations....someones head will roll if the docks get damaged. Jus' saying.

My only solution for you, and it is a very simple one, is to call a Marine Company like Dive Winnipesaukee to come out and install a curtain to stop their circulators from affecting your docks. They look like an oil boom sort of thing. It is a pretty simple thing to do. Dive Winni does it all the time.