View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #33
gslpro

Default Thumbs up for Pops

I have recently went twice to Pop's, one week apart, with two separate couples. My wife got the Lobster roll both times, and I got the half/half scallops and whole clams, with onion rings instead of fries. If someone isn't full after eating that plate, they have one huge appetite. I thought to myself, "Oh, plenty of onion rings, probably only a few scallops and clams." I was incorrect. The whole bottom of the plate was seafood. The entire "pile" of onion rings sat on top, and to one side. Taste? Scallops were phenomenal both times. Clams were amazing the first time, and good the second. They were sweeter the first time, but still very good. Scallops were, again, delicious. Onion rings were nicely battered, a bit bland if you will, from not loading the batter with salt. This is what my wife liked, for then I can put my own salt on them, and she doesn't have to taste it. Onions were nicely done, tender, and sweet. The Wife liked the lobster roll both times. Good size. No fillers. Just a bit of dressing, but this will be the pisser to some, for everyone seems to like their lobster roll their own way. I like the mayo on mine, but just a bit less. I actually prefer drawn butter instead of mayo, but again, my own preference. The lobster was sweet.

OK.....there's my feeling of Pop's. Oh, and the ATM was there, but I didn't try to use it. But I usually carry enough cash for emergencies. I guess the clams and scallops qualified as my emergency! Enjoy!

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gslpro For This Useful Post: