Thread: No Wake
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #13
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post

Most disappointing (and I'm a huge supporter of emergency response personel) was watching a fire boat go through at probably 10-15 mph kicking up a two foot wake with no lights on. I watched them go down to where Paugus begins to open and stop and sit there for about 10 minutes so it was clear they were not responding to an emergency.
You cannot know that they were not responding to an emergency, and I doubt they would run the Channel at speed just for fun.

Many emergency vehicles, police, fire, ambulance, enroute to a call might be the second or third due at that incident. When the first or subsequent vehicle arrives and determines that additional help is not needed, and the situation is under control, a radio call is made to cancel the additional response. That happens quite often, every day.

For years people have erroneusly commented when an emergency vehicle passes them at a higher rate of speed and then slows down and shuts off the emergency lights that they must be on the way to the coffee shop. Nothing could be further from the truth.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: