View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #20
Newbiesaukee

We have been forwarding mail from FL to NH for about 15 years with rare but real problems. As others have said, we get almost all of our bills by email and change addresses on credit cards online. I don’t like autopay but use it for condo fees which are fixed.

The errors in forwarding have almost always been when the mail deliverer in FL is changed or on vacation and does not realize that we are not there. It should not depend on this but it does. The post office in FL almost never answers the phone, so no help there.

This past year we moved between homes in FL complicating all this so we used premium forwarding. You get everything junk mail and all...the cost if I recall was about 450 dollars for 5 months. This worked except when it did not. Fortunately the people who bought our FL house were kind enough to send mail delivered to our old house directly to us at their expense....but can’t always rely on the “kindness of strangers.”

The bottom line is that nothing is perfect but I don’t wail about gross incompetence, uncaring workers....usually stuff just happens.

A small price to pay for the privilege of moving between 2 beautiful locations.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote