View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #31
jonfinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowit View Post
On my little home lake here ( Webster Lake Webster Ma) we just refer to them as "the idiots".

Ex. After a fourth of July tubing trip with the family, I was on the dock talking with some workers of the marina. The conversation went something like this: Yes, real nice day out there, lots of boats, and all "the idiots" were out too.

Enough said.

One of my favorite things to do is to drive over to the public launch ramp on a Sunday afternoon and watch all " the idiots" try to get thier boats back on the trailer. Great fun. I sat and watched for almost three hours one day.
Wish I brought my camera. Oh the stuff I saw.
When I was a beginner, there were always people watching and laughing at me when I made mistakes. And yes, I made plenty. Occasionally, someone would offer to help when it was clear that I was in "over my head." I always appreciated it when offered. Maybe there's another way to learn this stuff that I don't know about. But for me, experience was/is the best teacher.

These days, if there's a beginner at the ramp, I either leave them alone, or offer to help depending on what seems best. But that's just me.
jonfinn is offline   Reply With Quote