View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
SigSauer

Default really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
I hesitate to post this as I don't want to be anti- landscape firms. We have used a firm for specific projects and ware pleased with the results. My beef is when a landscaper comes in for regular lawn and yard maintenance at a neighbor's house in the evening and serenades us with leaf blowers and mowers at the dinner hour. We love the peace and quiet of the lake and don't like the racket these machines make during evening hours. Do any towns around the lake have a restrictive noise ordinance that prohibit commercial firms from operating after, say 6 p.m.? Moultonborough apparently does not (at least not until 9 p.m.).
I know these firms are trying to make a living and I respect that. I just ask them to respect why we are all at the lake in the first place - for some peace and quiet.
Mow your neighbors yard for them, at the time that you feel is most convenient, if you don't like the noise. I honestly can't believe this thread......this is ridiculous. If you want to live in solitude move to a less developed area.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SigSauer For This Useful Post: