View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #16
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There are plenty of deals out there right now, especially if you get out of the area. We bought a 2007 Monterey 298sc ssx on a trailer out of Texas. It had 41 hours on the engines and 4.9 on the genset. The deal was just too good to pass up and the boat certainly has lived up to our expectations.
I'll second that, we got our Caravelle 23' Interceptor at the end of last season for a right price.

It is a 2007 that was only titled for 1 year and spend its whole life on the dealers floor before that. When we got it had 30 hours and I paid roughly 1/2 price!

The most important thing is to find a boat you will be comfortable in, and for us that meant small cabin and good cockpit space. I almost went for a 2001 Wellcraft Excalibur 26', but was worried it was a bit much to trailer all the time and it was older than I wanted. In hind site it might have been a bit better as there NEVER seems to be enough cockpit space,,,

In the end we do love the Caravelle and being so new with so few hours I think we did well, I'm sure you will find just as good a deal, just be sure to get in it and make sure it is a good fit for the family.

ATB - GH