View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts
Default Buy The Boat!

Websatt;

Here's my view... What's wrong with the marina selling the performance boat? They were for the speed limit to keep boats from exceeding a certain speed not targeting specific brands or types. Heck my pontoon boat can break the speed limit should they not sell those? The same question can be asked of you, are you buying the boat because you like the style and characteristics or because you want to break the speed limit??... They are selling the boat with the hopes the new owner will simply obey the law on the lake or trailer it offshore to open her up.

There are some who feel any business that was for the speed limit should be boycotted... I could not disagree more with something as downright childish as that. Just because someone has a differing opinion or point of view on an issue does not mean they should be boycotted. Where does something like that end?...I have friends and neighbors on my island who supported the speed limit should they no longer be my friends...Of course not! Thurston's Marina and Fay's have been extremely helpful to me over the years storing and servicing my boats, should I no longer take my boats there because they supported the speed limit and I was against it?...again, of course not!

My point is this... buy the boat, obey the lake speed limit and enjoy your time on the lake, it's really that simple. Oh yeah, If you do buy it, I'm on Welch if you want to swing by and take me for a ride!!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 07-20-2012 at 01:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: