Thread: Oil Changes
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
NoBozo

Default Listen Up Men

A $29 oil change is no bargain at a Toyota dealer. They will check your brakes, tires, air filters..(engine airtake & cabin), and whatever else they can Convince You ..you need. It's a Barracuda coming after you. If you are mechanically challenged they will sense it and go for your jugular.

I worked for a Toyota dealer (Newport (RI) Toyota) for awhile and bought cars from them for 14 years (3 NEW cars). Two years ago this month the warranty was over for my wifes 2005 Camry. The state inspection was due. I walked out of there for the last time..$500+. lighter in the wallet. Un-needed.

I am NOT mechanically challenged. THEY LIED to me..as to what I needed. I pointed this out. They were tone deaf. I had to pay up or FAIL State inspection. If I had walked away... I would HAVE to come BACK to THEM after I resolved the alleged problem... some where else.

I was a TOTAL BOOSTER for that dealership for 14 years and...... they decided it was my turn in the barrel.

I'm over it. (well maybe not) I haven't been back there since. I'm back to doing my own oil changes..at 69 years old. BITTER...You Bet. NB

BTW: Right after that incident, I went to another local Toyota Dealer when I needed an oil change in my 2007 Toyota truck. The "MO" is the same.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote