View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #81
trackeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Although I served 24 years in the Reserves and National Guard, I did not qualify for the Veterans Tax Credit. The Laconia City Council opened this up for me and others who like me served but did not qualify. I reached out the Assessor's Office for clarification, and here is their response --

"The State of New Hampshire has added RSA 72:28b to the statutes. It now makes opportunity for municipalities to provide the tax credit to those veterans who did not serve during a qualifying wartime. That means if you were honorably discharged and your DD-214 states that, you can qualify for the credit. The City has adopted the statute and the option to phase in the credit. Therefore, if you qualify, you would receive an initial credit of $150 for April 1, 2018, $300 for April 1, 2019 and the $500 in April 1, 2020.

You may come into the office anytime between now and April 15, 2018, to apply for the veteran’s credit. It will be effective on April 1, 2018."

Good luck to those who qualify.
Wow,

I thought it read as long you served at least 90 days you could qualify, hmmmmmm.
Anyway it's now available in Nashua and for me I decided to take advantage, I consider my self a Veteran but not in the true sense of the word. If you can qualify and live in Laconia and own an Estate on the water what the hell, Woodsy says it's a good thing.....lol
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote