View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #63
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
So for those who do not believe they do not work...would you allow your dentist to do work on you without a mask? How about have a minor or major surgery procedure? Would you be OK with your medical team not wearing a mask?

One thing there is no shortage of are unfounded facts! Reality is the virus, and vaccines are not old enough to really know what the overall long run effects are. How would you feel if you are vaccinated, and thus move around freely and unknowingly are exposed to the virus and while you may not feel any symptoms you could have it and spread it. No big deal until people around who for some reason may not be able to be vaccinated get ill and die!

Then again there are those that are considerate of others and those that only care about themselves. Each has the freedom to decide which group they wish to belong.
There is a big difference in wearing a mask when in close proximity to someone such as a dentist or surgeon working on the human body.... And wearing a mask out in public..... I think Mask have a time and place, but when I am walking outside and not in close proximity to others, I don't believe it does any good.

But that is just my opinion..... I think if we could turn back time, and not mandate mask, we would find the trajectory of the future doesn't change much. The biggest thing that was done to help stop the spread, was social distancing, and people working from home....

Mask IMHO, are just a feel good measure.... nothing more nothing less.