Thread: Snow Amounts
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #21
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
There is so much old snow, piled up here, everywhere, like piles 10' high all over the place, and it seems that maybe the town's super-duper diesel powered sidewalk snowblower is broken or something because the five miles of sidewalks have not been getting done, lately. Someone needs to get out there with a shovel and broom and do the sidewalks! Shovels and brooms always work and never-ever break down like a snowblower!

Well … lo and behold …. the town obviously must have read my post because as of today all the many sidewalks have been done. Not only the sidewalks, but also some shoulder areas, close to the hgwy fence, that usually never gets down. So, how about that …… am I good or what …. for gett'n those five miles of sidewalks done …… and, you are very welcome!

Say-hey …. talk'n about snow …. the Home Depot in Tilton has an Ariens Deluxe 28" selling for $550, reg price $1100, that they used all winter for doing the outdoor garden area. It looks basically like a new machine including perfect orange paint.

Anyone seen the relatively new Toro Snowmaster QXE, an $850 24" 120-lb, single stage machine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3KR91fM5U that's interesting because it weighs 80 to 100-lbs less than a similar two stage machine, probably making it easier to move it up or down 6-10" single steps on a walkway. Just doesn't seem the single stage auger/impeller will chop through a dense icy/snow mix, left by the town plow, close to the road, anywhere near as good as the standard two stage machine, plus it ain't a low price???

Is maybe good for the snow they get in Maryland, New Jersey, or Manchester, NH but once you get north of Concord, up here, you need a real snowblower with two stages for all the lakes region real snow!

For $600, or for $550 in the Lowe's September sale, you can get a TroyBilt Storm 2410, weighs 190-lbs, and is actually a durable and long life machine. I've had one now for like six years, doing the driveway and down and around my mega-million dollar mcmansion, and just this year had to replace the pull starter-$25, two skid plates-$20, and both the auger and drive belts-$25, but only because I didn't know about the easy-to-adjust auger/drive belt tension adjustments that's on the outside of the machine.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-06-2019 at 05:31 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote