View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #133
CaptT820

Default Summation

I thought everyone knew this, but I guess not. If you hold a public position in this country (not just NH) whether teacher, police officer, govt. official, etc. your salary is public information, since the public pays you.

Nonetheless, I checked my "estimated assessment" in Alton recently and realized that it went up 147.9% from last year. That is not a typo, 147.9%. I contacted the assessment company, they referred me to the town assessor. This is the quote I got from the town,

"There are some properties that have buildings on their parcels but have been assessed for land only property. We are trying to get our data more consistent and yours is one that was not."

Mind you, my property has had a building on it since 1910. I let the town know that I would be taking legal action through the state through the abatement process. Magically my assessment on my property card was back to the same value a week later. Interesting.

I'm with everyone else, I don't mind paying the tax, but when you assess my land and structure for 75-100% more than I could actually sell it for, then we have a problem.
CaptT820 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptT820 For This Useful Post: