View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #36
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
Sunshine and Pas has always been good.

Hit up Center Harbor diner last week which was also good but not a fan at all of ANY restaurant that doesn’t take plastic! I usually never carry cash, so my visits there will be few and far between. I just don’t understand why restaurants in this century don’t take plastic?

Stopped at the Village kitchen everyone raves about last year only to find a sign on the door “cash only” did an immediate about face and split while I hear voice saying “we have an ATM”
Sure! I said and let me just add another $8.00 to my bill for your ATM fee and my banks cut.....no thanks!
We hear you and you're not the only one that prefers plastic, but FYI we don't take commissions on the ATM so the charge is only $3 not $8 and
most banks will reimburse for ATM fees.
Not paying fees to CC companies allows us to keep our prices within reason. Also, our waitstaff much prefers the cash system for speed (and tips are better).
Totally understand that many people do not like to use cash and the day may come when we have to make the change but for now it's working well.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: