View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 08:43 AM   #188
BrunoSR

If you feel better wearing a mask, then wear one!!

That being said, do masks prevent transmitting or getting the virus?

I’d have to say they do not. I am not a doctor and I do not have a degree in any of the medical sciences. What I do have is practical experience.

Last November I worked with a coworker from another department, on a project. We were both in good health and both wearing masks. We were in close proximity of each other for about an hour. Two days later we were again working together, for about an hour, both still feeling fine, still wearing masks.

The next day he started feeling sick, I was ok. The following day he tested positive for Covid-19 as did a couple of others in his department.

The following day I started feeling ill, got sicker over the weekend. Monday, I called in sick at work. I was told to get tested as there was a breakout at work. I tested positive the next day.

I can’t guarantee that I got it from him, but no one else around me has had the virus. And I hadn’t been anywhere or been in any crowds.

Even though I don’t think that masks do a dam thing, I wear one in public. Why, to make others feel comfortable.

Now the real question here, is how many miles we have walked getting out of our cars to go into a store, getting to the door and saying, ****!! My mask! Turning around and getting it………………………………………………….
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrunoSR For This Useful Post: