View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
crowded on winni? I've been here since '97 (smith pt on long isl) and during the whole summer, it's "crowded" maybe 15 days. during the week it's pretty dead for the most part

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
If you are into watersports, Winnisquam and Newfound are excellent choices. Too crowded on Winnipesaukee to enjoy the sports.
My kids wakeboard and/or waterski every Saturday and Sunday morning, June through September. Last week we pulled one son at 7 p.m. on Sunday night, as we often do during the summer.

All through the 80's and 90's my husband and I waterskied every Saturday and Sunday morning during the summer. We still enjoy an occasional pull and it's always on a weekend morning or evening.

We are here year 'round from 7 pm on Friday night through 8 am on Monday morning. We frequently steal a day or an evening during the week. After ice-out we only travel by boat when we're in Moultonborough.

Winnipesaukee is crowded if you trailer your boat to it, and are on the lake from noon to 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays during July and August. Other than that it's heaven on earth.