View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 06:28 AM   #78
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
No one is perfect, but if a captain is afraid of people near the boat while underway, that captain is not safe.

I see it all the time when I'm near a dock, people afraid of hitting something, gunning their boat so they won't hit it. An absolutely wrong, but prevalent reaction.... a dangerous reaction.

Seriously, if anyone is afraid or worried about hitting a paddle boarder near their boat, they need some training on how to operate the boat. Give the coast guard auxiliary a call, or a local marina, or someone who knows how to operate a boat to give lessons. It's not that hard, but it just doesn't happen, you need to practice it.
I do like this. Just like driving a car. The ones that are afraid of driving are the ones that are usually in situation that might cause a car accident.
The Boating license in NH gives NO training on how to actually operate a boat. I remember a guy that insisted he knew how to operate his boat, he took the old Burger King docks out twice!! He always blamed the waves moving the dock.
chachee52 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chachee52 For This Useful Post: