View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 07:54 AM   #11
MeredithMan

Default BR all the way...

Here on the lake, BR hands down! In the early-mid 90's, before kids, we had a SeaRay 250 Cuddy Cabin. The cabin was really a complete waste of space and it ended up just being a place for random things to call home. We got out of boating when the kids came along and fast forward to 2013, we got back into boating with a used Cobalt 250 BR...loved it, but it felt a little small. Few years later, we upgraded to a new Formula 270BR, which is awesome. Plenty of space for everyone, even if we have company. The open bow makes it much easier for docking and attaching/un-attaching to the mooring. I always stand when I drive, so if folks are sitting up there, there is no issue with my line of sight being blocked. The days of small children being around are long gone, so we don't have that concern of them bouncing overboard up front un-supervised.

I will also say that Formula has an amazing concept in their Crossover Bowrider, which has a small cabin in addition to the open bow. With that boat, you definitely get the best of both worlds. At 33 and 35', however, they are big boats with BIG pricetags, so you need both a big wallet and a big dock at which to keep them. I'm actually surprised that the other manufacturers haven't mimicked that type of design.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote