Thread: Fireworks 2021
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 11:35 AM   #8
LakeTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
I think your dates are a bit off...and really at 11:59?
Guessing he meant 7 (For July) vs 4 (April)...

As for 11:59 - Weirs has always done their 4th of July Fireworks at 11:59PM the night of the 3rd so they can be the first in the state to launch their fireworks on the 4th.

Only reason I know this is because when we were kids, we used to drive to see Manchester's Fireworks on the 3rd with a 9:30 start and then zoom up to the Weirs Docks to see Laconia's display go off at midnight. Manchester's were always bigger and better, but to see them on the lake was always a fun experience.

For those Pyrotechnic fans out there - Portsmouth's Display (Pre Covid) became by far the best in the state that I had seen. The last few years, they were able to get big investments from Wentworth Douglas and a few others with the goal of outdoing Boston's display. The first year they did it, they were amazing, done to music etc. etc. etc. Challenge is if you want to go, you better get down there several hours early or have your parking/bus transportation figured out beforehand. Quickly became extremely popular. No idea the financial support or the current expectations quality of their display coming out of COVID...

Either way... to fireworks displays coming back, by Land and Lake!
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote