Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #48
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
The only thing that I can think of with the Mount vs the Dive, and I truely have no idea. Is that the Mount owns all its dock spaces, has been operating for years so has all its legal aspects in order each year. .
I am not sure if the Mount owns all of its Berthing spots or not. But it at least has long standing legal agreements to use them. The bigger point as you mention is the Mount, and more importantly the Winnipesaukee Flagship Corporation has its legal aspects understood and in order.

The dive has run into many road blocks, some of which where poor planning and others of which have been bad luck. Unfortunately what they want to do requires the ability to not only operate out on the lake, but also have land based operations as well, and I think partially because of the approaches they have taken to do so, have not won them any fans from local governments. At this point I hate to say it but the Dive has become its own worst enemy. I hope the find a place that they can operate out of, are able to chase their dream, but they seem to be ready to sling mud, and that is never a good sign....