View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #26
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 View Post
A week ago last Sunday we were looking for a "good" spot to anchor and float between Timber and Mark, near the southern end of Timber. We had been there several times that week in our 21' Monterey bowrider. My husband was going very slowly and I was in the bow about to throw the anchor in 12' of water. No sooner did I see the rocks than we were on top of them! I yelled at him to hit reverse, trim up, turn......too little too late. At that point we were in neutral but we were also on top of the rocks. The depth finder did not go off indicating two feet of water, so I assume it reads the bottom of the lake, not the top of the rocks. Anyway, 15 seconds and a few choice words later, we were able to glide off. NOT a good day! My brother came over from Maine with his Scuba gear and said we have a nice six-foot long scratch and several 3" long gouges but no fiberglass showing. A friend has also offered us their boat lift so we can see the damage for ourselves. We are learning firsthand the meaning of B-O-A-T, bring over another thousand! Oh well, live and learn!
I was just thinking, the southern end of Timber is near the witches, not Mark. Did yiu mean the southern end of Mark?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote