View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 07:59 AM   #55
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
This is really unfair. Please explain what "decision" you are referring to. The only decision I made was to send him a private message asking him to slow down a bit. I think that was justified. I did not tell him to stop posting! I did not remove anything and wasn't going to! I did not threaten anything! What is my sin? The friendly PM? How am I not helping him "rebuild his brand"? Baygo posted almost 700 times, mostly related to his businesses. He was and is welcome to continue doing so. This thread will remain for all to view. What's the problem?

It's disappointing to be accused of not supporting businesses after the lockdown just because of that PM. I've never posted this but in an attempt to help small businesses I suspended all ad billing when the lockdown started and ran ads for all of 2020 and 2021 for no charge. I've received no ad income for more than 2 years. I've paid almost all of the expenses related to running this site out of my pocket. Those expenses are not insignificant, especially now that I'm retired and living on my SS. I've now resumed some paid advertising and hopefully will get enough income to cover the expenses. I've also always welcomed information about new businesses and products.

I do think it's ironic that baygo, because of one PM, is leaving the site where he has has posted unimpeded for years and has certainly helped his businesses for a site (Facebook) that is famous for censorship, shadow banning and removing content that does not fit their ideology.
I enjoy the forum and appreciate the energy and effort that goes into it. Thank you.