View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #29
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jack
My college professors must not have known what they were talking about. Can you point me to a reference where I can read about this unique "super senate" system of state government you describe? How do all the other branches fit onto this governmental totem pole? Whose the "top dog" of the whole state? Would that be the Governor, the Supreme Court or the Senate President?
Very Intersting.
You need to go to a better college, I learned this stuff in 11th grade...

" James Madison explained that the Senate's role was "first to protect the people against their rulers [and] secondly to protect the people against the transient impressions into which they themselves might be led."

In this case, you'd be the one trying to lead people into transient impressions...

"The New Hampshire Senate was founded in 1784 and is the higher of the state's two legislative chambers. The Senate is comprised of 24 members who are elected every two years. Generally, sessions are held annually from early January to the end of June."

This is what I meant by stating he senate was the "top dog" compared to the house of reps.