View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Waterville Silver Streaks is on Wednesdays.
...ok....so I took a look at the WV Silver Streaks program in the Waterville website...by entering Silver Streaks into the search.....and as far as I can tell it is nothing much at all.....one needs to have either a season pass, such as the $579 value pass that excludes all Saturdays, Christmas vacation, MLK 3-day weekend, and Feb school 9-day vacation, or a one-day ski pass for maybe $75.00/day, plus in addition, then purchase an $80 Silver Streaks WV pass to be able to sit in the Silver Streaks lounge area of the main lodge, and get to eat some "free" donuts and coffee, plus all the windows in that area are totally blocked by the construction of the Buckets outdoor eatery, so while it used to have a view.....it no longer has any view?????

What is a good reason to join the WV Silver Streaks program.......there must be something to it? ......I am not very familiar with it.......most times I have walked past the Silver Streaks lounge area and looked in......it has been empty of anyone......totally empty??? I know....one time I started to walk into that area of the Main Lodge......the Silver Streak area.....and some old guy jumped up and started instructing me that this area was only for the Silver Streaks .....after I took about two steps past the entry step-down.......so's I turned around and left....quickly!!

....honestly......am I missing something here....like what is the fun or social benefits or savings to taking part in the Silver Streaks program at www.Waterville.com on Wednesdays that you respectfully suggest... if any??????

At $579 for a value pass.....it is VERY possible, at least to me.... that the real NH ski season with the short mid-week lines, relatively empty slopes and trails, real winter conditions, and maybe 50 out of the 52-trails.....will actually start on Thursday, January 2, 2014.....but only time will tell?

I know, I know.....the WV ski opened on something like November 20......but in reality.....at least for me....it does not really open until January 2.....and this has yet to happen...with all 50-trails up and running....for now December 29, there are about 30-trails open ..... as the saying goes......it is what it is......and what the heck is it?

$579/value pass for the three months of January, February, and March equals $193/month, and then you exclude every Saturday, MLK-weekend, and Feb school vacation for a total of of about 21-days excluded.....so 90-days minus 21-days equals about 70-days.....and it works out to $579 divided by 70-Sunday thru Friday skier days = $8.28/day

$8.28 for a day of skiing could be a good deal but one has to go skiing for a lot of days.....and is it worth the time and effort......as after about three or four hours of up & down on the slopes....I am ready to call it quits for the day?

One huge plus is the blue free schuus bus that circles through from the mountain to the valley which takes you and your ski equipment right up to the ski area entrance and eliminates the problems of lugging all that skier gear up the steep entrance hill and through maybe two or three parking lots which can be a major pain....and you do not need to use your car...

....or, one can go hit the six miles of free cross-country ski trails located nearby, starting at the Depot Camp parking lot.....and cross country ski down either the Livermore Road (trail) or the Greeley Ponds trail and not be needing a twenty dollar/day XC-WV trails pass...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-28-2013 at 05:52 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote