Thread: Sloooow season:
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
fatlazyless

Lakes Newfound, Squam and Winnisquam are all relatively close to Winnipesaukee, especially if someone is already trailering their boat from Manchester or Andover, Ma or someplace. Where they gonna go? To a totally free state launch that includes parking, ramps, dock and rest rooms all closely together in one waterfront spot, or go to one of the varioius ten or 20-dollar town or marina spots. The state ramps are designed pretty good too with high quality ramps and parking.

What's missing from the weekend Buoy 3 area this summer is the usual "head inside a chainsaw" sound effects that been here for the last 17-years. It seems like the lake has become a quieter lake with less growling big bad go-fast style boats roaring around out they-re.

Must say that I be missing the big rolling waves! Hate to be losing the big 2-3 foot waves rolling and crashing so if somebody knows how to restore the lake's wave machine back to the old days.....that would be nice!

100% totally free; free is my number one favorite word. In case you were wondering, the State of NH ramp facilities were constructed with boat registration fee money....which means it was your money if you registered a boat in New Hampshire.

PS ......something tells me Mr Yankee, that ten years from now we will be having this same continuous argument, and you will still be wrong in ten years, too!