Thread: Overnight?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #55
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This is what I read before getting my "New Hampshire Safe Boater Education Certificate":

Overnight Anchoring & Mooring Permits

Overnight Anchoring

It is against the law to anchor your boat overnight on any inland surface waters of the State of New Hampshire. Overnight is defined as “the period of time between the termination of daylight in the evening to the earliest dawn of the next morning.”

A houseboat is defined as a “ship, boat, raft, float, catamaran, or marine craft of any description which has sleeping and toilet facilities, regardless of whether such facilities are of a permanent or temporary nature.” Occupied or unoccupied houseboats may be beached or grounded, or tied to the shore of any of the inland surface waters of the state for an overnight period, or any part of an overnight period, only when on or at a location owned, leased, or permitted by the owner. Also, the owner, lessee, or person with permission of the owner must give written notice of this fact promptly to the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services.
Rusty, the definition seems out of whack to me. What about people out looking at fireworks, etc. Why do we need an anchor light switch?

I know it is not your definition, just thought it to be poorly worded.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote