View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #47
2Blackdogs

Agreed that the weather can be different in places, especially for you're not in a boat at that time. A boat can experience all the weather on the lake during those hours but only remember the rain.

For one, I don't like boating on weekends, and rain would find me anchored or not going out at all in the first place. It was clear after midnight, clear at the time of the boat recovery, and clear according to WMUR's account of Laconia Airport. It was drizzly for sure, as my yard was damp by morning.

The moon was full, however. We should watch for the next full moon over Winni and our collective interpretations of visibility in overcast or clear skies.

jrc writes:

Quote:
I hope this thread can stick to the facts and details of the accident. If anyone wants to discuss political opinions, I hope they take it to the other section.
Meaning the "Speed Limits" section?

The facts, details and legalities were already being discussed at a respected boating website directly after the collision broke on the news.

Before long, you can count on New Hampshire resident and forum host/moderator Les Hall to arrive with his always-on-target analysis.

His latest regarded the Governor,

Quote:
"After this, the public would have been all over him if he had vetoed the legislation."
This topic should have no trouble being discussed here without any demonizing, even by the anti-speed limit folks, www.winnilakers.com members, out-of-staters, and the NHRBA members who do have dogs in this fight.

I'll try to remember to mention that Winnipesaukee docks should be required to have lighting, especially as solar powered lights are more readily available today and reasonably priced. That should merge nicely with the NHRBA's charter which begins, "chartered to protect the interests of boaters".

It's amazing that you can't read of this event anywhere in the "Performance Boat" forums. Even the usual ScreamAndFly and SpeedWake discussions are opaque to Google this year.

OSO has hidden the topic for a good three years, as Chris Craft can tell you, so only finding it nowhere else, except at this a Maine site, is surprising to me.
http://www.asmainegoes.com/forum/vie...050ed8a2082795

Thank you, jrc, very much for that sensible suggestion. It should work out quite well.