View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
2Blackdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
That is not a Fox news story it is from Clare Trapasso Associated Press and is all over other news channels with the same title....
Yes, but it isn't clear that Clara Trapasso is the AP reporter's name.

There was a national discussion yesterday, CLA, of folding AP's domination of America's news. I'll try to locate it. Meanwhile, now that the screaming has died down after three days of it, I want to add my recollections before I forget them.

It was cloudy, but the visibility after midnight was fine for me. It was dark, but like it's always dark after midnight. Laconia Airport had three miles of visibility. The moon was full (Gibbous moon), and was overhead at 2AM. Posters at the BoaterEd.com forum are being very critical of operating this boat in fog. Those who witnessed conditions at the time know better.

The headline, for those who chose to answer without reading it,

Quote:
Woman Who Opposed Boating Speed Limit Dies in Marine Wreck
GILFORD, N.H. — A woman who testified against boating speed limits was killed and two others were injured early Sunday when their boat crashed on New Hampshire’s Lake Winnipesaukee.
Separating the "nuts and bolts" of the incident in this SL forum, such as boat construction, weather, anchor, GPS, anchoring at night, paddling at night, island lighting, etc., should minimize the all-caps, kneejerk, emotional responses already seen and allow the national scene a more accurate grasp of this incident.

And kudos to the doctor, the real hero at a time when heroes were needed.