View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:08 AM   #18
MikeF-NH

The problem with most gun control debates is that neither side realises that there is REASONABLE middle ground so we get this intense polarization of solutions: ban all guns from everyone or give everyone a gun.

I see a very valid point about untrained and unskilled gun owners in a school takeover situation doing some very real damage to innocent parties unintentinally. I don't see why either side of the debate would reject a compromise that requires all ADULTS wanted to carry on school property must take and pass a course designed specifically for how to deal with this situation and pass a skills test indicating appropriate proficiency with the gun.

In this manner all gun carriers would have same training any know how they react. Perhaps even be aware of whom else in the school is carrying so when they see a person with a gun they can work together or at least avoid considering each other a target.

I would feel better about my kids safety in schools knowing that several well-trained persons on the property could protect this from a violent intruder.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeF-NH For This Useful Post: