View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #76
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Reading here, that Cobalt has introduced pontoon boats to its lineup is really good news, as pontoon boats leave scarcely any wake.

This clump of Winter Harbor trees (Maple? Northern Ash?) appears about 75 years old (each).

Seventy-five years ago, those trees could not have stayed rooted under the assault of the oversized boats that presently erode our shores.

OK—so you're not shocked.

APS, I have two clumps of Oak on the shoreline in front of my place that have had no problems what so ever taking root and growing. This has happened in the last 10 years... And I am in an area that is just as busy if not busier then Winter Harbor.

Is you contention that the erosion shown in both your pictures in this thread are from erosion cause solely by boat wakes?

And once again I am not shocked by either picture... Nor will I say that boat wakes haven't contributed in some part in the erosion. But I will not allow someone to say that boat wakes are the sole factor. In both these cases, I see other contributing factors. Most evident is in the second picture, is how the natural drainage of the land flows right under the root ball.... telling me that mother nature played a factor in this situation.

There is no doubt that boat wakes have cause some issues. But so has development, and mother nature. When I see someone or group, working just as hard, to curb development along the water front, and also preaching that mother nature, is simply going to cause some erosion, they will have my support.

But I will not support a view, that boat wakes are the cause of all erosion problems.

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 11-14-2014 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LIforrelaxin For This Useful Post: