View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Good Morning all,

Let me put a hault to this right away.

The discussion was on a bill to form a committee to review ALL laws and prioritize them based on safety.

With the continued budget cutting and the MP being rolled under the state police, SBONH is concerned that boating safety will be swept under the carpet.

The new sbonh president stated that this committee was to be designated to prioritize all laws (speed limit included now that it is a law) as well as safe passage etc. In no way was this to remove or discontinue any law. Simply a study for all boating laws. Some of which are quite outdated i.e. boats 28 ft and larger have to have a "mounted" brass bell. This was a coast guard regulation before back up air horns were invented.

So please before posting something that may be misinterpretted, please feel free to drop any sbonh member or board member a message. SBONH has its own website where questions can be asked even if you are not a member.

Thank you again for your concerns and interest in SBONH.
Thank you for confirming what I wrote in my original post.

In strait speech "review and prioritize safety laws" means eliminate the speed limit. A law is either on the books or it is not. What is the point of reviewing and prioritizing existing laws if they are not going to be altered? Spin, Spin, Spin!

Why do we need to review a law that took effect only this past January and failed to be modified only this past spring? Could it be that you are looking for any possible means to kill the speed limit? That's what I think.

If you really want to "put a halt" to this kind of scrutiny all you need to do is stop trying to "back door" eliminate the speed limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links