View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #20
VtSteve

Good points made. Only Winni, there may be a few that hate your boat, but I doubt it's a high percentage. There are positives in this entire debate, perhaps some good things can come of it. Heck, even in politics sometimes good things happen

The common sense people need to come together over all of the safety issues and deal with facts. I doubt speed limit supporters, other than possibly Mr. Weeks and Mr. Chase, want to go around spreading false statements and innuendo to support their cause. And you're correct, they do not like you and want you gone. Their character and credibility was gone a long time ago, along with their humanity.

But that's them, what do you people want? There are suggestions and opinions of some SL supporters that are very good ones, and they bring up problems that need to be addressed. Before the class warfare heated up again here, there were some great discussions.

OCD and many others bring up the boneheads and enforcement. DaveR mentioned that he's felt at ease leaving Alton Bay (?) not worrying so much about being passed at high speed from behind. I saw the lake and community coming together to Discuss lake issues in a positive way. It was when enforcement and slow-speed infractions were being brought up, that some particularly nasty people came on board to disrupt.

I don't know about you, but I don't make conclusions about anything until all the facts are in. Unlike some in the pro SL crowd, I prefer to get actual statistics and facts, not make them up as I go along. Just as in real life politics today, the people that just want things better on the lake need to speak up. If you can read a letter from Jack Weeks or Ed Chase and not wince a bit, there's probably nothing anyone can say that would matter to you. If you support the SL, but don't agree with their tactics nor their misstatements, then join the rest of the Boaters and start working on the real issues.

With few exceptions, I think the discussions have been positive, at least open and revealing. Regardless of anything, people should pay attention to the facts.
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: