View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #44
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife View Post
Well, I thank everyone for their suggestions so far- coming from a natural gas state with low bills to NH has been an eyeopener here. We had 2 different people come in to give estimates and suggestions- currently, both said it was smarter to fix the current oil system, get the parts, and see how we do.

They said the duct work that holds the AC and the oil heat wouldn't be changed, so it's more economical to get the parts and get it fixed (about 1K) than get a new system (about 8k). Getting propane would raise it over 10K.

In the event the new parts fix doesn't hold up, then we'll have to invest in a new system. Hopefully not during a winter month...

Thanks again for all of your quick responses, I will always come to the forum first for any future questions : )

~wife
If your going to spend that kind of money, does it make sense to just completely convert to a heat pump mini split system now?? The savings would be huge over a short period of time. I believe there are still some nice rebates to help reduce initial install costs... The system would pay for itself in a few years I would imagine especially since you have to install something new anyway.

Just something to think about...

Dan