View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #59
IslandRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
The "media" are where you perceive them to be.

There are left-wingers and right-wingers all over the radio and cable television. If one hears what one agrees with, it gets a nod and one moves on.
If one hears what one disagrees with, one gets up in arms and denounces the proponent and the particular medium which is carrying the "information".

Such is life.
It would be nice if the media were balanced, however they are not and you cannot get a balanced picture. For instance, for my situation here - there is no cable TV - we get the "big 3" and PBS. ALL of those are quite liberal in their bias in presenting the "news" (often editorialized), much of which should actually fall under the "entertainment" category anyway, but that's another story.

A lot of talk radio is conservative, but I don't know too many women who listen to talk (yes, there are some, but it's largely a male audience), so there's a big portion of the voter base being fed the leftie line from the big 3 because of course that is a "trusted" source.

Then of course there are the newspapers. Any biggies like the Boston Globe, NY Times, etc conservative? None that I know of around here.

The amazing thing, is that I know real couple in New Hampshire who WILL NOT EVER VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN because they absolutely believe "The Republicans" want to take away social security. Their main news source? CNN. These folks are actually conservative in their core beliefs, but have been completely brainwashed by whatever lies or distortions CNN is putting out there.

When I asked them - did you actually hear a real recording or see any video of any Republican saying they wanted to eliminate social security, or did you hear a "news" person say this. The latter was the answer.

Just amazing !