Thread: Rusty Moose
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Argie's Wife

Thumbs up The Rusty Moose has live music!

Argie is in an acoustic duo called Two Bricks Short, and they played at the Moose tonight.

I went in with the youngest Arglet around 6:30pm to have dinner and watch the show. We waited for about 20 mins and then were told it would be about an hour wait. Because of the time and the possible added waiting time, we opted to grab dinner down the road and return for dessert. (It was past our usual supper time and the kids were getting a little anxious - they were hungry.)

We got back to the Moose around 7:45, and the crowd had thinned out - no wait this time.

The first thing I noticed about the place was that it's not very big - you can seat about 40 people, total. The other thing I noticed is that it is decorated up very nicely. The lighting is really interesting there, and there's just the right amount of rustic decor and modern/industrial looking decor there. I love the ceiling fan in the restaurant - I don't know how to describe it, but it's like a pulley/gear fan - it's just cool. There's also neat lighting and shelving at the bar. They've done a really nice job with the place.

We ordered fried donuts (yes, I know... I asked for the calories to be removed), sodas and decaf coffee. Argie and his band mate had meatball sliders and fries. They really liked their sliders, but everyone LOVED the donuts. They were warm, crunchy, sweet - drizzled in chocolate syrup and powdered sugar. Argie and I split the order - it was three small donuts, but they were just GOOD - like, guilty-pleasure good. I remarked to the waitress that I thought they should do them with maple syrup and bacon... (no calories there, either, right?) and I think they're going to try it.

We looked over the menu and selections when we got there - it's a pretty extensive menu so far, in my opinion, but I've heard it said that they're going to expand on the menu. They had some appetizer with shrimp tonight that was something like $5, but I heard it was out of stock later, as we were waiting. The prices seem pretty reasonable for the America-style fare they have and seem to range between $8-$26 (I think). I've heard from a couple of friends that they do a very good cheese burger. My bill for the dessert and coffee, with tax, was $7.

I think the only improvement I'd suggest, at this point, is some benches outside in the summer, so people can comfortably wait for their table, as the restaurant is small.

All in all, we had a pleasant experience. I wish the Moose the best success!

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 05-12-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote