Thread: Timing Belt
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
HomeWood

Timing belt is not a hard job to do. Getting to the belt is the hardest part. I changed it on my 4 cyl Camry in about 3 hours with a repair manual. There are unique procedures that you won't know without a manual. That was the first time I ever did one myself, so if a shop quotes you 8 hours for this....find another shop. All cars are different, but the labor shouldn't vary too much.

It sounds like you are looking for a place to take it to and I'm sorry I can't suggest a place. I know a couple shops in Moultonboro have been recommended on here in the past. However, it really is a job any repair shop should be able to do. Parts shouldn't be over $100 depending on the brand of part. That includes a new water pump. The parts include the belt, tensioner, hardware and a pump. I spent about $60 for my timing belt kit.

You want to do a water pump at the same time because it takes the same amount of labor to get back to the pump should it go. Murphy's law says it will go after you spend the money for just a new belt.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote