View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #38
Mink Islander

Default Speeding on the interstate

Sure pretty much everyone speeds on I93/I95. Some at more than 80 -- myself included at times depending on conditions and traffic. And I take the risk that I could get nailed by a speed trap.

But in la Extremista's case, she was cited for negligent driving because not only was she speeding, but she was dialing/texting on her phone and failed to see the cop waiving her over when she should have. If she was only speeding, then she'd have gotten a ticket, paid it, and that's it. Negligent driving dragged her into court so the judge could decide the penalty, right? He decided this wasn't horribly egregious, fined her $250 and off she went.

My beef is the attitude and failure to acknowledge personal responsibility. To my knowledge, she has never done that. Instead, all we get are excuses (and lies, I think). She isn't going to appeal this. She got the best case outcome already.

But please, let's take her boating license away for 3 years. She deserves that, for sure. And if it breaks new legal ground on what penalties can be meted out for causing egregious boating accidents, that's great. We can name the law after her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post: