View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #33
gslpro

Default Learning from a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
If I were in her shoes, I'd be walking the straight and narrow - not even daring to drop a cigarette butt on the ground for fear of a littering violation.
I agree wholeheartedly with you on that. I truly hope that time helps to mend all wounds involved. I have met Erica, and her heart warmed watching me and my wife interact (yeah, cuz we are just that much in gooey love) The impression that I got was that Erica has a warm and caring inside, and that is how I judge her, and no other way. To get caught up in one's life is not uncommon, but apparently unforgivable by the common man. If you want to see real dangerous arrogance, deal with some of the Dr.'s where I work. Can't tell you how many times I have saved a pt.'s life from someone's stupidity. We judge those who appear to be 'higher', by whatever standards of hierarchy we create, and hold them to different level of social standards than others. I bet all of this hurts just as much as if she worked at a minimum wage job and the same things happened.

She was involved in something traggic. No matter the blame, it will never change that fact. It is just such a damn shame it happened at all. Hopefully everyone here on this board reading this thread will take away one good thing from it, and never drive a car, boat, or bike with even a single drink in them...you just never know how one drink can affect you because of dehydration from being in the sun, or lack of food in the system, or tiredness, etc.. And if a person has ever knocked Blizzard in this thread, and they do drive a vehicle with even a single drink in them knowing this..then shame on them!

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"