View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #36
Skip

Post Additional considerations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
30 plus years ago (God I'm old) I tested this by getting three motor vehicle violations before my 16th birthday. They were on my drivers license when I got it.
Thanks for the personal confirmation...

Sorry for the circumstances.

Anyway, not only does NHDMV open a file for a New Hampshire resident regardless if they have a license, they do the same for out-of-State resdents.

Why is this important?

Many other States do not recognize a boating offense as a driving offense like has been recently ammended here in New Hampshire.

But if you are from out of State you must abide by NH rules while in NH. Therefore the boating offenses you may incur as a visitor to this fine State will reside in your NH folder. It is possible that you could retain enough points to eventually have your right to operate in NH suspended or revoked based in part or in whole on those violations. You could still be valid in your own or other States, but have lost your privilege here in NH.

Additionaly while your home State may not recognize boating offenses as driving offenses, they may reciprocate with NH when NH suspends your license in our State for boating points.

Yep, it gets pretty murky and adds further reason why this new aspect of the case bears close watching and eventual analysis.

And people sometimes woinder why we have so many attornies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post: