View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #11
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,428
Thanks: 217
Thanked 784 Times in 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Descant View Post
NH has a good plan with regard to Interest and Dividends Income Tax. If you only make so much, you don't owe the tax, AND the form says please don't file if you don't owe. We don't wan the extra paperwork. If I rent my camp for only a coupe of weeks, and the income to the state is minimal,. considering cost of administration, why bother?
You are confusing income tax with rooms and meals tax. A 9% tax is assessed upon patrons of hotels (or any facility with sleeping accommodations), and restaurants, on rooms and meals costing $.36 or more. You will owe (unless you rent your camp for less than 36 cents) from the first dollar. The tax is due on the 15th day of the month following the taxable period.

The tax is paid by the consumer and collected by operators of hotels, restaurants, or other businesses providing taxable meals, room rentals, and motor vehicle rentals.

Approved seasonal operators must file reports for each month of their approved season, even if no tax is due.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote